- Priority for the poorest and for women through effective targeting in recruitment and promotion of self-empowerment, and treating them with dignity and respect regardless of their socio-economic condition, race, disability, enthnicity, religion, age, health or martial status.
- Commitment to microfinance realising its potential to be a solution implemented on the scale of the problem of world poverty.
- Producing measurable results that demonstrate financial and social performance, commitment to prudent and businesslike practices as a means to achieving the ultimate goal- the elimination of extreme poverty in the shortest possible time frame.
- Commitment to transparency and accountability on all levels, andadoption of international standards wherever possible.
- Commitment to innovation and to financial, social and environmental sustainability on all levels, especially to the socio-economic sustainability of clients, their families and businesses.
- Sound governance, local ownership and management by social entrepreneurs; where possible, participation of clients in ownership and governance.